Casual Medical Receptionist – October 2022
Open Health Niverville is seeking a friendly and organized receptionist to join its growing healthcare team. In this role you will work at the front desk of the medical office and assist patients, Providers, and other visitors.
This is a casual position with hours scheduled as needed. Applicants must be available to work a variety of shifts and may be called in on short notice. Preference may be given to Niverville residents. Clinic hours are currently daytime Monday through Saturday with potential for evening and further weekend expansion in the future.
Your primary job duties will include greeting, screening, and checking in patients, answering phones, processing paperwork and scheduling appointments.
Receptionist Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate tactfully and efficiently with others in person and over the phone
- Comfort level with Chrome web browser navigation, with a minimum typing speed of 30 wpm accurately
- Positive and professional demeanor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a certificate program in a medical field preferred
- 1+ years of experience working as an administrative assistant or in a relevant role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Conditions of employment include the following:
- Completes and maintains satisfactory Child Abuse Registry and Adult Abuse Registry checks
- Completes and maintains satisfactory Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector Check
- There is a Provincial mandate requiring those present in a Health Care Facility to wear a mask.
Salary Level: starting at $15 per hour based on experience.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume noting the position you are applying for, to the following:
Casual Medical Receptionist
Attn: Open Health Niverville Business Manager
Family physicians on a full-time or part-time basis to provide health care within our collaborative-minded centre (read below):
A community-owned medical centre in Niverville; Manitoba’s fastest-growing town, serving communities in the Southern Manitoba area. Our new facility built in 2017 offers ample free parking and is part of the larger Heritage Centre campus including Life Lease, PCH, and assisted living manor. It also offers daycare, a licensed family restaurant, a dentist, pharmacy, and more. Niverville offers all the conveniences of the city with the benefits of small-town living. Located only 20 minutes south of Winnipeg, it is home to numerous local and franchised businesses, and the Community Resource & Recreation Centre which opened in 2021!
- 11 exam rooms including minor procedure rooms
- On-site lab
- Competitive overhead rates with support for new graduates to establish long-term and flexible practices.
- On-site collaboration with Southern Health professionals including: Mental Health, Child and Youth Services, Chronic Disease Education Team, and a full-time Primary Health Care Nurse.
- Our simple overhead arrangement includes all administration, clinic space, support, and billing services.
- Our business model strives to invest profits back into the clinic and physicians.
- Integrated 5% rural bonus billing structure!
For further information, please contact:
Kristen Fyfe, Business Manager